Hello :D

Let me start off to say howdy and give you a little background information on this blog and myself.  My name is Taylor, and I am a Sophomore at SMU.  I'm a Corporate Communications and Public Affairs major and a sports management minor.  The loves of my life include anything that Apple makes, golf and movies. 

Enough about me, let's talk about this blog.  This blog is going to cover my CCPA Dallas Communication Leaders blog.  After each speaker I'll share a little about the day's communication topic ( I'll try to throw in some interesting photos and links here and there).  

Today was our first class, so no interesting speakers yet, but we did get our first topic...

What I hope to do in the Communications Field?

Here it goes.  I have a passion for public relations work, especially in a corporate setting.  In the coming semesters and summers I hope to intern for the PGA Tour, Burson-Marsteller, Apple and anywhere where I can focus on social media. 

These experiences will hopefully allow me to reach my final goal of working in the communications field, working for the PGA or LPGA as an event planner, and/or working in the public relations department.  I respect how the PGA/LPGA provides opportunities for individuals.  Like underprivileged children with their First Tee  Program, and for college students with their Diversity Internship.  

If these specific organization doesn't work out, I want to focus on social media use, especially in crisis situations.  I recently went on a JTerm that looked at the communication process during the British Petroleum oil spill.   

(JTerm group on the beach. Check out the JTerm blog by clicking JTerm above!)

It opened my eyes to the amazing technological advances we have available to us during a crisis.  With the proper ground work, programs could be established to create a single message in a crisis, therefore eliminating miscommunication of the facts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment